Tournament Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANT – tournament terms and conditions include, but are not limited to:
By entering the Golden 8 Ball tournament, players and spectators are bound by the following ‘Important Terms & Conditions’, which include but are not limited to:
- Players and spectators are required to have a wristband to gain entry to the event – these are £45 per player and £20 per spectator and provided FREE OF CHARGE to those players booking the pool accommodation package with the Norbreck using code POOL2016.
- Any player participating in the event must agree to become a fully registered player with UK Pub Pool Ltd. Player details and statistics will be held on the Golden 8 Ball database to be used for the purpose of registering teams. It is FREE for players to register online or £10 to register by post.
- Registered players agree to their name appearing on the Golden 8 Ball website.
- Registered players and spectators agree to their picture being taken at the event and used in future publicity, uploaded to Facebook or added to the G8B website. Pictures of players may also be used on future printed materials.
- Registered players agree to being filmed for the purposes of streaming matches live on the internet. Streamed matches will be archived and made available for future viewing.
- UK Pub Pool Ltd will not share or sell player details to any third party.
- Registered players may be asked to provide proof of their identity and residential address before the tournament or at the tournament.
- Players that submit false information may be banned from the event.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel a player’s registration at any time.
- The £125 team entry fee is non-refundable, unless the event is cancelled.
- If event is cancelled, only team entry fees will be refunded by cheque. Any hotel accommodation deposits paid to the Norbreck will not be refunded.
- Rooms at the Norbreck are limited. If players are unable to secure a room at hotel, they must stay in alternative accommodation and buy a wristband.
- Teams must be approved by the Tournament Committee before they pay their entry fee.
- Teams that are rejected by the Committee may be given the reasons why and the opportunity to reapply.
- Players staying Half Board at the Norbreck are responsible for booking their evening meal times with the restaurant. We do not accept responsibility for players missing their meals and with the nature of the event, this may happen from time to time if guests are playing pool.
- Any team or player, who does not play within the spirit of the game, behaves in an unsportsmanlike way, acts aggressively, or brings the tournament into disrepute risks being banned from future events.
- Any team or player deemed likely to cause problems at the event, intimidate staff or spoil the fun of others will not be allowed entry.
- ROAR – Right of Admission Reserved: This is a private event and the Tournament Committee can decline entry to any team or player, without giving reason.
- All players and spectators are bound by the conditions of the Norbreck Castle Hotel, whilst on their premises. Persons misbehaving in any way may be ejected from the complex with no refund given. Their team may also be disqualified from tournament with no refunds given.
- Teams must check-in with the tournament organisers on Thursday 16th to be included in the draw. No-show teams will be removed from the draw and no refund given.
- All prizes over £100 will be paid by cheque.
- Prizes will not be paid until 11am on Sunday 19th June 2016.
- Prize cheques can be forwarded to players if they leave early.
- Unclaimed prizes will be donated to charity.
- Any lost property will be destroyed if not claimed by 30th June 2016. If you have lost something, please contact us.
Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and UK Pub Pool, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by UK Pub Pool and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to UK Pub Pool and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of UK Pub Pool, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- print one copy of the Content
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of UK Pub Pool.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Website.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify UK Pub Pool for all claims resulting from Content you supply.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of UK Pub Pool or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that UK Pub Pool makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. UK Pub Pool is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst UK Pub Pool uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- UK Pub Pool accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- UK Pub Pool reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- To the extent that the Website and Content are provided free of charge, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, UK Pub Pool accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and interpreted according to English law. All disputes arising under these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
UK Pub Pool details
- UK Pub Pool is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 05647123 whose registered address is Spring Valley Mills, West Yorkshire, LS28 6DW and it operates the Website www.golden8ball.co.uk.You can contact UK Pub Pool by email on 0333 444 1478