Format for the Open Singles eventNovice Amateur Series
Need to knows
How much is the entry fee for the Open singles?
It is £20.00 for each entry
What time will the Open Singles qualifiers commence?
Open singles qualifiers will commence from 3pm on Thursday afternoon and will continue through the night.
What is the cut off time for the Open Singles entry?
Last entry will be 11.30pm on Thursday night, so players have plenty of time to arrive on the Thursday and enter.
Open Singles Format
- Players simply ‘pay and play’ and must win two matches to qualify for the main singles event, to start Friday evening.
- Qualifiers are best of 5 frames.
- Players from the same team will not be drawn together in the qualifiers.
- Main event will be a random draw.
- Main event will be best of 5 frames, with final being best of 7.
- Main event on Friday limited to 64 players
- If there is high demand for the singles, there may be a prelim round on the Friday.