Team entry criteriaNovice Series
2022 ‘Novice Series’ Entry Requirements
We have continued to tighten up on the team entry criteria for 2022, to help reduce the standard of play. Current ‘County A’ players will no longer be allowed to participate in the Novice Series. Female international players will no longer gain exceptions to the rules. Sorry for any disappointment but we ask that current County A players and female international players enter the Pro-Am Series instead.
- Entry fee is £90 per team.
- Teams must have minimum 3 players and maximum 6 players.
- There are no geographical rules for player entry.
- NO CURRENT ‘COUNTY A’ PLAYERS ALLOWED TO ENTER – SORRY
- Maximum ONE PAST male ‘County A’ player per team (some exceptions may apply).
- Exceptions to the PAST County A rule can be applied for and we will evaluate the players ability on their playing history. If they are not deemed County A standard, then this type of player can be excluded from the rule. For instance, if a player has played County A only a few times to help out, but would normally be a County B or C standard, then this type of player could be excluded from the rule. Also if no County B team existed so a player had to play at County A level, then we would also consider this. We understand that there can be situations where a player has played at County A level, but is not County A standard.
- Players that have won £1,000 or more in prize money, as an individual or as part of a team, at a recognised pool event, are not allowed to enter the ‘Novice Series’.
- The Gold Team Trophy winners, Doubles Winners and Singles Champions from any past event cannot enter the 2022 event – they must progress to the Pro-Am series.
- No high-stake money match players – any player that has played a match for £5k or more.
- No professional or ex-professional players, of any cue sports genre.
- No international players or ex-international players.
- Exceptions to the rule may be granted to those aged 17 and under, at time of team registration.
- Lady players may be granted exceptions to the county rule, depending on their ability.
- This is a novice player tournament, no players of exceptionally high ability allowed to enter.
- Tournament committee will decide if a player is too good for this event, based on their playing history.
- Players who bring the tournament into disrepute or do not play in the spirit of the game are not welcome to enter.
- Right of admission is reserved. This is a private event and the organisers decision is final.