Format for the Team eventNovice Amateur Series
Need to knows
How much is the entry fee for the team event?
Entry fee is £90.00 per team.
What time will the team event commence?
The team event ‘Round Robin’ stage starts at 9am on Friday morning.
Novice Series Team Format
- All teams to play minimum 37 frames of pool before they can be knocked out.
- Minimum 3 players per team and maximum 6 players.
- Teams divided into groups of 4 to play a round robin. Each match consists of 9 frames – 3 sets of 3 frames.
- Fixed order of play – all players to play each other once.
- Players 1, 2 and 3 must remain those players throughout the match.
- Reserve players can be used in sets 2 and 3.
- Players can be substituted for a reserve player on order of play sheet at any time.
- Players can only play each other once, in any match, apart from the sub.
- Winning team receives 2 points for a win. Frame difference will be used for teams tied on points.
- If a tie still occurs, then a penalty shootout will decide the winner.
- Teams must remain present in the arena until final group results are announced, as they may be required to play a penalty shootout. Teams not present will forfeit their penalty shootout match and be deemed the losers.
- Teams are seeded for the knockout stages.
- Top 2 teams from each group enter the Gold Trophy knockout, with first round losers dropping into the Silver Trophy knockout.
- Bottom 2 teams from each group enter the Bronze Trophy knockout, with first round losers dropping into the Wooden Spoon knockout.
- Best of 9 knockout stages for all trophies.