Mixed Doubles Format
- £25 entry per pair.
- The mixed doubles will be played in a ‘Davies Cup’ format, best of 5 frames.
- Men from each pair play the women from each opposing pair in a singles format for the first two frames, then the 3rd frame is played in a ‘Scotch’ doubles format, where partners must take alternate shots, the final two frames played in a singles format is lady v lady then man v man.
- No talking between partners during frames, apart from the 3rd ‘Scotch’ doubles frame, when you must stop talking once your visit is on and have touched the table.
Penalty Shootout Rule
- The black ball is placed on the spot at the rack end of the table.
- Player can position cue ball anywhere behind the baulk line.
- Player must pot the black ball, using one shot, to score a goal.
- If the black ball fails to pot, or the white ball is potted or a foul is committed, then the penalty is considered a miss.
- An order of play sheet with only four players must be created and followed.
- If score is a draw after all shots taken, then a sudden death round begins, following the original order of play sheet.
- Both players must take their shot – i.e. if player one misses, then their opponent must take their shot and pot to win.
- In sudden death round, the cue ball can be placed anywhere behind the line.