Novice SeriesOur annual 3 player team event for novice players.
Welcome to the Novice Series weekend
12th to 15th August 2021
This 3 person team event has been purposely created for the less experienced or less skilful amateur pool player. We want players of similar novice ability to be competing against each other, giving more players a real chance to win a slice of the prize fund. This is part of our drive to encourage more aspiring, grass root players to come and experience our amazing weekend pool tournaments.
The 2019 tournament was incredibly popular and we extended it to 144 teams. We expect this weekend to fill fast, so please register early to avoid disappointment.
We have further tightened up on the team entry criteria and will not allow any current County A players to participate. There will also be restrictions on lady players of high ability entering, to try and make this a truly novice event. No international or professional players (past or present) and no amateur players of exceptionally high ability.
- Event has been renamed the, ‘Novice Series’, to avoid any confusion about the standard of player we want to participate.
- This is a novice event, for the less skilful or less experienced amateur pool player.
- We have a guaranteed prize fund of £13,300 with a top prize of £450 for the Gold Trophy champions, £400 for the Singles Champion and £400 for the Doubles Champions.
- The prize fund structure of the Novice event pays more money further down the line but with smaller top prizes for the winners. We believe this is a fairer way of distributing the prize fund in a novice event, as more players will benefit from a share of the cash prizes.
- 150 individual prizes will be paid in total, giving many more players the chance to win something.
- Any player that has won £1,000 or more in prize money, as an individual or as part of a team, at any recognised pool event, will not be allowed to enter. They will be deemed a player of exceptionally high ability and should be entering the Pro-Am instead.
- Winners of the 2019 Gold Team Trophy, Doubles and Singles CANNOT enter the 2020 event. They must progress to the Pro-Am event. For more information, read the full details of team entry criteria.
What to expect
- Guaranteed £13,300 cash & trophy prize fund
- 150 individual cash prizes to be won
- Min 37 frames of pool in team stage
- Min 3 players per team
- Dedicated live results, schedule and draw website – www.livepoolscores.com
- 42 Sam Atlantic pool tables
- Super Aramith Pro balls
- Hainsworth Precision cloth
Team places are limited to the first 144 that register and pay.
£13,300 in cash prizes & trophies!
This event sold out last year – to avoid disappointment, teams are advised to register and book their accommodation as early as possible.